Junior Keeper Experience
Join our popular Junior Keeper Experiences for children.
We’ll do our best to make sure you have an exciting time, getting up close to our animals and learning all about their daily lives.
The Junior Keeper Experience, for 10-15 year olds, takes place over two hours and provides the perfect gift for young animal lovers.
Junior Keepers help to prepare food, feed the animals, clean their water trays and equipment and prepare enrichment toys. They also receive a gift pack including a Chestnut Centre T-shirt and can adopt an animal of their choice for one year.
Children are accompanied by an experienced keeper at all times and must be accompanied by an adult or responsible adult.
- Time: 11am-1pm or 2pm-4pm
- Meet your wildlife keeper and the rest of the animal team.
- Into the animal kitchen to help prepare the animal feeds.
- Time to feed the animals around the park.
- Time to choose —let us know if you are passionate about a particular animal or bird and we will tailor your experience to give you the opportunity to help with their daily routine, maybe cleaning, feeding, watering or making an enrichment toy!
- Cost — £100
- You must have good footwear/wellies/waterproof coat, hat and sun cream, etc.
- All junior keepers must have one accompanying adult (parent or carer.)
- Extra children can join in at £75 pp and extra adults can help out at £35 pp. Please enquire when booking as places are limited and need to be booked in advance.
Gift pack includes
- £10 gift voucher to spend in the gift shop
- T-shirt to wear on the day and take home
- Annual adoption of your choice of animal/bird (will be posted)
- All day entry on that day to the wildlife park
- Souvenir certificate with your photograph taken on the day will be posted
NB —Please book at least 30 days in advance.